My favorite part of Inside the Actors Studio is the Q&A at the end
While most of the show is a one-on-one interview conducted by [James] Lipton, this is followed by the host submitting a questionnaire to the guest. The questionnaire concept was originated by French television personality Bernard Pivot on his show Apostrophes, after the Proust Questionnaire. The ten questions Lipton asks are:
- What is your favorite word?
- What is your least favorite word?
- What turns you on?
- What turns you off?
- What sound or noise do you love?
- What sound or noise do you hate?
- What is your favorite curse word?
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
- What profession would you not like to do?
- If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
I know memes are stupid, so feel free to ignore this, but I’m curious to hear people’s answers.
Tag them ‘liptonnaire’ (“Lipton + Questionnaire” obviously) and you can follow the responses at http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/liptonnaire
Feel free to paste the URL for your answers as an ‘answer’ to this post, which will keep them long after Tumblr’s search will.
Here are my answers
1) What is your favorite word?
2) What is your least favorite word?
(Note: I also object to all fake words and abominations such as ‘totes’ for anything other than a bag you carry groceries in or a manufacturer of umbrellas but I object to them because they are hideous and wrong.)
3) What turns you on?
4) What turns you off?
Cynicism & pessimism. Not just ‘having a bad day’ but as ‘lifestyle choice / worldview’. You know the difference.
Also, leg-hair and armpit hair on lady-folk.
Not that I consider it on a turn-on in men… I think you understand what I mean.
5) What sound or noise do you love?
A good honest laugh. The kind that caught the person by surprise and snuck out before they even realized it.
Actually that’s my second favorite. The first is private, but you can probably guess the gist of it.
6) What sound or noise do you hate?
Oh, so many choices… but probably top of the list is a whining child old enough to know better.
7) What is your favorite curse word?
8) What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
I would have loved to have studied law, but I think I would have hated the practice of law, so I think Professor of Law would probably be my answer.
9) What profession would you not like to do?
My instinct was to say “Republican politician” but honestly any kind of politician would be equally true.
But I think my real answer is public school teacher. Seemingly everyone thinks they know what you do, that it isn’t that hard, and that having the “summer off” means that you don’t work as hard or as much as they do.
10) If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
“Help yourself to the bar. Brubeck is on in 5. I’ll save you a seat.”